Monday, April 13, 2009

A Writer's Perfect Easter


For Many Australians Easter means camping and everyone wants fine weather. We travelled down to our weekender outside Stanthorpe for a weekend of basic bush camping and four days of hard work clearing the path to the river. Unfortunately this year the weather didn't really deliver and we were stuck in the shed watching the rain teem down.

So, what's a girl to do? Write of course. Hot coffee, plenty of chocolate, a cosy quilt and the laptop. Hubby settled down with a book and left me too it. 

So while most of the campers we saw this weekend were cursing the weather, I had a great weekend, having discovered the secret to the writer's perfect Easter.    

4 comments:

  1. Fiona, glad you were able to get some writing done. I managed 6,000 words for a challenge I entered, plus 1,600 for another story and 14 pages o my screenplay. So in all I was quite pleased with myself.

    Now I'm going to bed.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Sandie - you are on fire!

    And Fiona, what a lovely way to get some writing done. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain (though not too much!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Fi, sounds lovely having no excuse but to write! Lol.

    Sandie, OMG you are a demon, woman! Those numbers are huge!

    ReplyDelete